Oil Heat: The Choice Is Clear In The Delaware Valley
Here are a few reasons why you can take comfort in having an oil-heated home.
Did you know that Lawman’s delivers clean-burning Bioheat fuel? Bioheat is the industry’s official registered name for the fuel that consists of a blend of ultra-low sulfur heating oil with renewable biodiesel that’s made from organic and recycled products. These products can range from soybean oil, used cooking oils, inedible corn oil, canola, tallow, fats and algae.
The most refined grade of heating oil available, clean-burning Bioheat, has virtually no negative impact on the environment. Bioheat produces near-zero levels of particulate matter during the combustion process.
Because of its super clean-burning properties, Bioheat eliminates the source of most equipment issues.
As the amount of biofuels in Bioheat is increased in the coming years, home heating oil will move closer and closer to becoming a carbon-neutral fuel.
Bioheat is made in the U.S., which helps supports local farmers, local industries and a local economy.
Oil heat has a lot going for it, and many people put heating oil safety at the top of the list. While there are many reasons why people feel safe at home with oil heat, here are just four points to remember.
- Heating oil does not and cannot explode. Oilheat customers can be assured that the fuel stored in their tank is very safe.
- Heating oil is not a fire hazard. Heating oil cannot burn in its liquid state. Before combustion can occur, it must first be vaporized by your oil burner at temperatures above 140°.
- There are no dangerous surprises. Oil heat poses a very low risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. If an oil burner malfunctions (most often this is due to a lack of maintenance), the safety devices in the unit will typically shut the furnace or boiler off.
- Modern oil storage tanks. Designed with corrosion-resistant materials, today’s tanks can last for decades. New technology allows for remote monitoring to protect against the rare event of a leak and guarantees that you will always have a sufficient supply of heating oil on hand.
Efficient oil heat
The latest oil heating systems are small, smart and super-efficient and can save you, on average, about 30% on annual heating costs. There are many different equipment options to fit your budget.
- New oilheat systems have efficiency ratings as high as 95%; this provides oil-heated homes with more warmth for less fuel.
- Many new oil boilers use energy-saving controls that greatly reduce fuel usage during mildly cold weather and provide a more even heat with fewer temperature swings.
- High-efficiency oil furnaces feature variable speed motors that use about 80% less electricity than older motors and provide more consistent airflow and temperatures.
- New oilheat systems are so reliable that most manufacturers offer long-term warranties; if something ever fails, it’s easy to get replacement parts.
- New oilheat systems are much smaller than older ones. The average boilers and furnaces today are compact yet powerful, and similar in size to a three-drawer filing cabinet.
- Oil packs a wallop of heating energy, providing efficiency and comfort. For every gallon of oil burned, nearly 140,000 Btu’s of heat are produced. That’s the equivalent of about 70,000 60-watt lightbulbs.
Oil heat keeps you comfortable
The flame in a heating oil system burns hundreds of degrees hotter than in other energy systems. This produces more heat and warmer air or water, which leads to more even heat throughout the house. So when it’s 5° outside and the wind is whipping around, that extra heat will help keep your home super cozy.
Please contact Lawman’s Oil for reliable Bioheat deliveries. For the convenience of Lawman’s customers, delivery requests can be made online by going here. We donate 1¢ of every gallon of heating oil our customers purchase to the American Breast Cancer Foundation.